Improve Communications While Reducing Cost with Our Softphone App
Mobile Softphone (iOS) and Mobile Softphone (Android) make it easy for users to place and receive calls using your company’s Star2Star system.
What is a softphone?
Softphones allow users to make VoIP calls directly over their computers. Mobile softphone apps take things one step further and allow softphone software directly onto users’ mobile devices. Any softphone feature a user would have on their desktop, can be carried over to their mobile device. With an increase of employees working from home and needing to have increased mobility options, Star2Star’s Mobile Softphone, for existing customers, can be as simple as downloading our mobile softphone app. For new customers, you can obtain Mobile Softphone by contacting us.
Using Star2Star’s softphone app, Mobile Softphone (previously called StarPhone) users appear on the Star2Star system as standard extensions. Calls to other extensions can be made using Mobile Softphone’s built-in dialing directory or by dialing any 3 or 5-digit extension number. Outbound calls made from the softphone app travel over the IP data network and are not billed for airtime as cellular calls.
Calls can be made over virtually any IP network, including public Wi-Fi hotspots using the softphone app. If no bandwidth is available, calls are placed using the iPhone’s 3G or 4G connection. Mobile Softphone users can use the softphone app as their primary phone or take advantage of Star2Star’s powerful Find Me/Follow Me call routing to automatically send calls to their mobile after a predetermined number of rings or have all their phones ring simultaneously.
Mobile Softphone (iOS) and Mobile Softphone (Android) Features:
- The softphone app Presence Indicator alerts users to the status of fellow workers: green for available, red for busy, yellow for ringing, and blue for dialing
- Favorites List allows fast dialing of frequently called numbers
- Contacts List Integration for calls outside your organization
- Voicemail Inbox provides one-touch access to voicemail in the softphone app
- Call Transfer
- Conference Calling for on-the-fly meetings
- Secure User Authentication
- Softphone calls can be placed over 3G/4G networks